Ultimate Dream Job: Get Paid to Binge Watch Harry Potter & Fantastic Beasts
Thank you to all 116,415 applicants!
The Sorting Hat has chosen the magic 5!
Rachel Gilreath – https://www.instagram.com/ThePerksOfBeingaWeasley/
Krista Weinreber – https://www.facebook.com/WeasleysWizardingWheezes/
Melissa Burnell – https://www.facebook.com/Budget101com/
Benjamin Carlin – http://www.youtube.com/SuperCarlinBrothers
Janie Alice Gestautas – https://www.facebook.com/janie.gestautas
We are no longer accepting applications for this job.
Will the real Harry Potter fans please stand up?
Here at EDsmart, we realize that most people could use a little magic right now, and we love Harry Potter.
Most of the Muggle world is struggling with self-isolation and not having a normal routine–like we’re all living in the cupboard under the stairs at 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging.
We realize that at this time, we can’t all head to Diagon Alley to stock up on goods nor Hogwarts to be with our friends.
So, in light of all that’s going on out there and in our homes, we’ve decided to pay up to five Muggles, Mudbloods and magic folk $1,000 each to watch every Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts movie–the Ultimate Dream Job.
The right candidate will be chosen by the Sorting Hat.
Who We Want to Hire
The person we’re looking for is not only a Harry Potter fan but also an active, outgoing social media personality who would be thrilled to live-tweet or live stream their Harry Potter & Fantastic Beasts movie marathon experience while tagging @getedsmart and/or #getedsmart.
The only requirements are that you are 18 years old or older, eligible to work in the United States, and an active social media user.
If you’re hired, simply sit down in your favorite movie-watching location, watch the movies, grub, and post it on your social media platform or live stream.
Once the magical marathon, live-tweeting and live streaming, etc. are over, we’ll have you rank each movie and post it online.
What You’ll Be Watching
25 hours 06 minutes
$1,000 + prizes
Mind you, real Harry Potter fans won’t need this list but we’ll provide it just in case 🙂
|Fantastic Beast Series||Harry Potter Series|
|1.Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016)||1. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (2001)|
|2.Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald (2018)||2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002)|
|3. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004)|
|4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)|
|5. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007)|
|6. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009)|
|7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 (2010)|
|8. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 (2011)|
|Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them||133 minutes||2 hours 13 minutes||$91.98|
|Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald||133 minutes||2 hours 13 minutes||$91.98|
|Total||266 minutes||4 hours 26 minutes||~$183.96|
|Sorcerer’s Stone||152 minutes||2 hours 32 minutes||$105.12|
|Chamber of Secrets||161 minutes||2 hours 41 minutes||$111.34|
|Prisoner of Azkaban||142 minutes||2 hours 22 minutes||$98.20|
|Goblet of Fire||157 minutes||2 hours 37 minutes||$108.58|
|Order of the Phoenix||139 minutes||2 hours 19 minutes||$96.13|
|Half-Blood Prince||153 minutes||2 hours 33 minutes||$105.81|
|Deathly Hallows pt 1||146 minutes||2 hours 26 minutes||$100.97|
|Deathly Hallows pt 2||130 minutes||2 hours 10 minutes||$89.90|
|Total||1180 minutes||19 hours 40 minutes||~$816.05|
What You’ll Get
Harry Potter Marathon Survival Kit
- Harry Potter Butterbeer Caramel Corn & Containers
- Harry Potter Jelly Gummy Candy Slugs, Bertie Botts Every Flavour Jelly Beans & Chocolate Crispy Frog (Bundle of 3)
- Harry Potter Gryffindor snuggie
- Hogwarts Alumni Stainless Steel Insulated Tumbler
- $100 GrubHub gift card
Every Harry Potter Blu-Ray movie for your collection (only for EDsmart’s top pick)
How to Apply
If you believe you’re the ultimate Harry Potter fan, sign up now for the chance to join the house of EDsmart!
To be considered for this easy temp job, please fill the application below and tell us in approximately 200 words why you are one of the five magical Potter fans we seek.
Tell us why you’d be a good fit for the gig. Show us how your magical personality pops—and where on social media, you pop it.
Ready for the challenge? Fill out the form below!
- The promoter of this competition is EDsmart.org whose principal office is located at 5174 W. Canyon Rose Cir., Herriman, UT, Utah 84096.
- Employees of EDsmart.org or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- ULTIMATE DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.EDsmart.org. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on EDsmart.org’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that EDsmart.org can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be May 15, 2020. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- EDsmart.org shall select up to five (5) Recipients from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient(s) will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by EDsmart.org employees.
- The Recipient(s) will be notified by email and/or letter within 7 days at the closing date. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted, are not eligible, or do not claim the opportunity to participate in the Ultimate Dream Job within 10 days of notification, EDsmart.org reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement Recipient(s).
- Recipient(s) acknowledge that participation in the Ultimate Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by the acceptance of the Ultimate Dream Job. Recipient(s) have no authority to bind EDsmart.org to contracts, make any agreement or representations on EDsmart.org’s written consent. Recipient(s) shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by EDsmart.org to its employees. EDsmart.org is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient(s) behalf. Recipient(s) acknowledge that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient(s) are solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- The Ultimate Dream Job consists of watching all 10 Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts movies from start to finish via whatever platform you prefer. Recipient(s) must already have access to a streaming service and/or cable to complete challenge requirements. EDsmart.org will notify the Recipient(s) how to complete the Challenge requirements.
- Prior to the start of the Ultimate Dream Job, the Recipient(s) will receive a welcome package mailed to the Recipient(s). Welcome package includes two (2) Harry Potter Butterbeer Caramel Corn & Containers, (3) Harry Potter Jelly Gummy Candy Slugs, Bertie Botts Every Flavour Jelly Beans & Chocolate Crispy Frog, (1) comfy Harry Potter Gryffindor snuggie, one (1) Hogwarts Alumni Stainless Steel Insulated Tumbler, and one (1) $100 Grubhub gift card. The value of the movie-watching kit is approximately $155.00 USD.
- The Ultimate Dream Job is conducted by EDsmart.org and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Grubhub Inc, or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Ultimate Dream Job, Recipient(s) will receive a one-time payment of $1000.00 USD. Upon completion of the Ultimate Dream Job, funds shall be distributed no earlier than 30 days following Recipient notification.
- No cash alternative to the tv show-watching kit will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Ultimate Dream Job is not transferable. EDsmart.org reserves the right to substitute the movie-watching kit items with items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Where legally required, the Recipient(s) name(s) will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient(s) names, please send an email to [email protected]
19. EDsmart.org reserves the right to cancel or amend this Ultimate Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
20. EDsmart.org’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Ultimate Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Ultimate Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
22. By submitting an application for this Ultimate Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Free Online Colleges
- Free Online Colleges and College Courses – Education Reference Desk
- Regionally Accredited Online Colleges – EduRef.net
- Trade School Careers Resource Site
- Tuition Free Colleges
- Trade Jobs