Indiana University Online MBA
The Indiana University Bloomington online MBA program is designed for working individuals who want to earn their degree. This program is backed by the gold standard in accreditation; the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Indiana University has a rolling application, which is applicable to both domestic as well as international students. Applications for domestic students for spring semester is generally the first of February, while the fall deadline is usually the first of July. The deadline for international students, spring semester is generally the first few days in January, while the fall semester deadline is usually the first of June.
Indiana University Bloomington has an acceptance rate of 83% and students have an average GMAT score of 641.
Indiana University is ranked #3 in US News and World Report’s Best Online MBA Programs list.
Other rankings include:
#3 in Best Online MBA Programs
#22 (tie) in Best Online Graduate Education Programs
#54 (tie) in Best Online Bachelor’s Programs
Further Reading: Cheapest Online MBA Programs in the U.S.
Indiana University Bloomington Online MBA Tuition (Kelley)
The tuition cost for the Indiana University online MBA program is $1300 per credit. However, there is an additional charge of $30 per credit for distance education. This MBA program requires 51 credit hours, to bring the total of tuition to approximately $67,830. However, this number does not apply to students who are receiving their MBA through the Corporate Partnership Program. Additionally, there are supplies that are needed for classes, which will run about $100 per course.
Paying for Your Degree
Indiana University does offer scholarships for the online MBA program, which are merit-based. These scholarships are awarded on:
- Application Strength
- Professional Experience
- GMAT Scores
- Academic Performance
Students who are selected to receive these scholarships will be informed at the same time admission to the MBA program is offered.
Executive Degree Program
- Several companies have signed up with Indiana University and Kelley Direct to offer degrees at low to no cost to students.
Federal Student Loans
- Students may borrow up to $20,500 per year from the government for education. This is known as the Stafford Loan.
- Many students choose to finance their education, housing and meals through personal loans. Generally, these loans are from banks and credit unions.
Further Reading: Cheapest Affordable Online College Rankings
- Students who have served in the military may be able to receive tuition assistance.
Third Party Sponsorship
- Students that work for a company that will pay for tuition have the option of having their tuition billed to a third party sponsor.
The Indiana University online MBA program requires students to take 39 credits of core classes.
- Topics in Directed Business Interaction – Credits 1.5 – Introduction to career management.
- Economics for Managers – Credits 3 – Teaches economic decision making.
- Quantitative Analysis – Credits 3 – Boosts basic math and statistics skills.
- Accounting – Credits 3 – Emphasis on product cost, investments, basic money matters.
- Strategic Marketing Management – Credits 3 – Teaches business strategies.
- Operations Management – Credits 3 – Emphasis on process analysis, workforce issues, etc.
- Financial Management – Credits 3 – Teaches basic elements to business finances.
- Strategic Management and Business Planning – Credits 3 – Emphasis on creating a business plan.
- Topics in Directed Business Analysis – Credit 1.5 – Creating a live business recommendation.
- Information Technology – Credits 3 – Teaches support system acquisition and implementation.
- Global Business – Credits 3 – Discusses the state of the U.S. economy and how it relates to business.
- Business Law – Credits 3 – Teaches basic laws that pertain to business.
- Developing Strategic Capabilities – Credits 3 – Provides tools for long-term business strategies.
- Integrative Team Capstone – Credits 3 – Team effort in creating business plans.
Students have the opportunity to choose classes that will enhance their degree concentration for the remaining 12 credits.
The Washington Campus is a 5 days long course that is designed to help students understand government and business. This also helps students to understand how the two elements intermingle.
Accelerating Global Immersion Leadership Education (AGILE)
Indiana University MBA program allows students to study abroad with other top business schools around the world. Current places include:
- Gaborone, Botswana
- Sao Paolo, Brazil
- Beijing, China
- New Delhi, India
- Johannesburg, South Africa
Dual MBA Degrees
While working towards your online MBA at Indiana University, you can also earn a second degree at the same time–dual MBA degree. During this process, many classes overlap both degrees, leaving you with generally, only 12 credit hours remaining to fulfill the requirements for your MS degree as well.
- Strategic Management
- Business Analytics
- Global Supply Chain Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
Post Graduate Earnings & Experience
- Average income of students entering the program – $75,746
- Average income of new graduates – $105,000
- Average signing bonus – $22,000
- Other Compensation – $10,000
- 3 Months Post Graduation – 100%