Top 20 Online Communications Degree Programs
The online communication degree has long been a popular program delivered via distance learning. According to U.S. News and World Report, Communication is among the 10 most popular majors in the United States.
Communications degrees are generally associated with journalism, reporting, broadcasting and other media outlets. Careers for communications majors span a wide variety of industries including marketing, advertising, and public relations. Communications graduates also face a lower unemployment rate than most other majors.
- Offer a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Is a public or private not-for-profit college
- Offer at least one fully online bachelor’s communications degree program
- Net Price
- Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Retention rate
- 6-year graduation rate
- Student-faculty ratio
- NCES – primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. Provides consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
- IPEDS – primary federal source for data on colleges, universities, and technical and vocational post-secondary schools in the U.S.
The following colleges have been recognized for being among the top for online communications programs for the 2017-2018 academic year.
TOP 20 ONLINE COMMUNICATIONS
University of Louisville
College of Arts & Sciences
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Communication
The University of Louisville tops the 2017-2018 Best Online Communications Degree Programs with their outstanding program. The major requirements for these degrees can be completed in as little as two years. The programs are based on research and coursework and emphasize multiple facets of contexts and perspectives within the field of communication. This school also has a strong on-campus communications Masters degree program. The University of Louisville is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
Net Price: $14,635
Financial Aid: 97%
Retention Rate: 81%
Graduation Rate: 54%
Student-Teacher Ratio: 12:1
- Bachelor of Science in Telecommunication Media & Society
- Bachelor of Health Science in Communication Sciences And Disorders
- Master of Arts in Mass Communication – Web Design And Online Communication
- Master Arts in Mass Communication – Social Media
- Master of Science in Electrical And Computer Engineering – Communications
- Master of Arts in Mass Communication – Global Strategic Communications
- Master of Science in Agricultural Education And Communication
- Master of Science in Industrial And Systems Engineering – Communication Systems Engineering
The University of Florida offers the best online communications masters degree program in the nation. This school holds multiple rankings in the U.S. News & World Report’s “Best” rankings including the #11 spot for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. UFLs B.S. in Telecommunication Media & Society is one of the schools most prominent communications degrees, wherein students study both traditional and digital media and their effect on society. The University of Florida’s communications programs are recognized by the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications.
Net Price: $14,786
Financial Aid: 96%
Retention Rate: 96%
Graduation Rate: 88%
Student-Teacher Ratio: 21:1
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Communication – Corporate
- Bachelor of Science in Professional Communication – Corporate
Valley City State University offers both a B.A. and a B.S. in Professional Communication-Corporate entirely online. The curriculum focuses on marketing training and development and is designed to serve as a platform to further education in theology, law, counseling, and college administration. Most recently, VCSU was rated #143 Best Online Bachelor’s Program in the nation and #43 best Regional College in the Midwest by US News & World Report. Valley City State was one of the first online colleges offering a free laptop computer to full-time students . VCSU continues to use innovative technology with its major and master’s degrees online.
Net Price: $11,848
Financial Aid: 99%
Retention Rate: 70%
Graduation Rate: 48%
Student-Teacher Ratio: 11:1
- Bachelor of Arts in Film And Media Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Business (Communication)
- Bachelor of Science in Technical Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication And Media Studies
Arizona State University is an established and respected institution of higher education. Currently ranked #1 for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs, U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Arizona State University in its top tier of U.S. universities. Forbes consistently ranks ASU among America’s best colleges. ASU’s online and traditional programs are designed and taught by current, on-campus faculty.Students gain valuable skills a variety of communication mediums including multimedia, communication, writing, editing, and information technology. These skills prepare them for careers as technical writers, editors, publication managers, information designers, instructional and training developers, and other career fields.